Full day guided tour in Ravenna is the best way to discover the beauty and magic of Byzantine Mosaics and not only in Ravenna!
A guided walk through the old city centre with lunch and a pause for practical
demonstration of mosaic -making technique, enjoyng and understanding the enormous history and the quiet rhythm of life in Ravenna.
- The price includes 5 hours guided tour in Ravenna
- Entrance fee for monuments: Euro 8,50 per person (from the 1st of March to 15th of June there is an extra to pay of Euro 2,00 for visiting the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia).
- Extra for coffee break or other.
- Private taxi or public transport.
- On request Headsets, Euro 2,00 per person.
The full day guided tour includes:
- Church of S. Vitale commissioned by the Emperor Justinian from Byzantium. In the mosaics here he is masterfully depicted with his fabulous wife Theodora.
- Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, A powerful building created to honour the resilient and colourful empress of the Western Roman Empire.
- Neoniano Baptistery close to the ancient Cathedral and decorated by even more wonderful mosaics
- Basilica of Sant’Apollinare Nuovo which was the private chapel of the Ostrogoths King Theoderic.
- Basilica of Saint Francis, Dantesque Zone and the tomb of the father of the Italian Language Dante Alighieri.
- Basilica of St Apollinare in Classe Astonishing 1500-year old Basilica that was built when Ravenna was Capital of Byzantine Bishopric.