Even just a half day visit is enough to enjoy the best of what the astonishing city of Ravenna has to offer.
Discover the Early-Christian and Byzantine mosaics of the 5th and 6th centuries and you will be fascinated!
Plus a guided walk through the old city centre with a pause and a practical demonstration of mosaic -making technique,
enjoying and understanding the enormous history and the quiet rhythm of life in Ravenna
- The price includes 3 hours guided tour in Ravenna.
- Entrance fee for monuments: Euro 10,50 per person (from the 1st of March to 15th of June there is an extra to pay of Euro 2,00 for visiting the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia).
- Extra for coffee break or other.
- Private taxi or public transport.
- On request Headsets, Euro 2,00 per person.
The visit of around 3 hours includes:
- Church of S. Vitale commissioned by the Emperor Justinian of Byzantium. In the mosaics here he is masterfully depicted with his fabulous wife Theodora.
- Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, A powerful building created to honour the resilient and colourful empress of the Western Roman Empire.
- Neoniano Baptistery close to the ancient Cathedral and decorated by wonderful mosaics
- The tomb of Dante, close to the Basilica of San Francisco and its cloisters
- Basilica of Sant’Apollinare Nuovo which was the private chapel of the Ostrogoths King Theoderic